Skyleigh and I had a GREAT time at OUTDOOR ED! We left on October 8th and returned on October 10th. I was one of the lucky ones to be "picked" to chaperon. John and I both signed up in hopes at least one of us would get picked. So on the morning of October 8th we loaded the school buses and headed up to "Friendly Pines" in Prescott. The first and second day was really warm..but comfortable , but wow the last day was really cold. I packed my jacket so I would not have to carry it on the bus..wow that was a mistake!! We were paired up with another mom and 8 (yes 8) other 10 year old girls. Ahhhhhh Anyway our cabin was named Zuni. It had 4 bunk beds and 2 single beds. I call them beds but really it was a plastic mattress on some wood being held up with a metal frame...that was the worst part of the trip. The teachers did a GREAT job putting this trip together. Every minute of our day was planned ... even down to "Lights Out" but I am sure you can guess with 9 girls in one cabin... the lights might have been "out" but the giggles, talking, each girl saying shhhhhh, playing the quiet game 18 times....still went on. Everyday they had a chance to earn a "Knothead" for good behavior, helping during dinner, good manners...ect. Each teacher and parent would had out the Knotheads during the Kiva meetings. It was funny to see them go crazy over a piece of wood with a hole in the top so it can be worn on a necklace!!
They all had a great time doing the activities. The first day they did a Zip line, Pamper pole and The big Tree swing.



(sorry this one is sideways but worth it!!)
On Thursday they did Owl pellets (where you dissect Owl vomit and find and entire skeleton of an owls pry..sounds ewww but it was really cool!), pottery, lantern making, archery (Skyleigh got a bullseye on the first try!..plus earned a Knothead), Fishing (Skyleigh caught her first fish..earned another Knothead!!!),tie dye a t-shirt and practiced self defense with Officer Rodriguez from Peoria Police Department!!






Friday they played football, soccer and went on a hike. Both nights there was the Best Campfire ever, the first night we had smores and the second night they walked down to the campfire with the lantern's (which of course it was windy so most of the candles kept going out) and they ate trail mix. The campfires were full of laughter, smiles, songs and great memories!! I look forward to going in 2 years when Kenady is in 5 grade!! I have to say it was "MY" first time at "camp"!!
No comments:
Post a Comment